- Woman student and a U.S. citizen
- Meet age requirements for specific scholarship or grant
- A resident of Washington State for one or more years
- Officially accepted into a program or course of study at an accredited school in Washington State or enrolled in an “online” accredited program accepted as a Washington State Education institution
- Demonstrate scholastic ability
- Be in need of financial assistance
- Submit an official transcript of grades (copy accepted)
FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE:
A completed application and documents must be submitted for each scholarship category for which you wish to apply.
- Mature Woman Educational Scholarship ($1,000) — Scholarships offered to women age 30 + (by March 15) for retraining or continuing education.
- Single Parent Scholarship ($1,000) — offered to a single woman, any age, planning to return to school or to continue her education beyond the high school level. She must have one or more dependent children, under18 years of age, living at home.
- BPW/WA Past President Memorial Scholarship ($1,000) — awarded to a woman age 30 + (by March 15) in memory of one or more past presidents of Washington State Business and Professional Women.
- Lulu Fairbanks Memorial Scholarship ($500.) — a scholarship offered to a woman (any age) who plans a career in journalism, communications or related career, in memory of the first Washington State BPW President, Lulu Fairbanks.
- BPW/WA Member Scholarship (up to $1,000) — awarded to a current Washington State BPW member who is in need of funds to attend an educational program to enhance career or potential advancement opportunity.
- SAFECO/WSBPWF ($500) — awarded to a woman for advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate).
(funds donated by a BPW local organization, a business or an individual) A completed application must be submitted for each scholarship category you are applying for.
- Southwest Seattle BPW (Eileen Henry Memorial Scholarship) ($500) — Offered to a mature woman in South King County wishing to continue her higher education.
- Margaret Way Scholarship– ($500) – Offered to a woman, age 30 +, living and planning to attend an accredited school in the Puget Sound area. No restrictions on major of study. Preference will be given to returning students.
- Diane Lam Minority Woman Veteran Scholarship ($1,000) offered to a minority woman veteran re-entering school for skills to land or get back to the job market.
- Business & Professional Women (BPW/WA) Woman Military Scholarship ($500) offered to a female member of the Armed Forces or Veteran 18 years of age or older attending any accredited school in the State of Washington. No restrictions on major of study.
Congratulations to past scholarship winners:
Des Moines Rotary Scholarship – Gurleen Grewal
Des Moines Rotary Scholarship – Jessalyn Henry
Recology/CleanScapes Scholarship – Bethany Shimasaki
BJ and Anna Bjorneby Scholarship – Daniel Inman
Ronald Millheisler Scholarship – TeRessa Giamatti
Steven J. Underwood Memorial Scholarship – Kennedy Bryant
Southwest Seattle Business & Professional Women Scholarship – Cassandra Larson
Geraldine Sorensen Scholarship – Megan Reissig
Des Moines Yacht Club First Mates Scholarship Honoring the 2014 Man & Woman of the Year – Courtney Jolley
Des Moines Yacht Club Ken Higgins Memorial Scholarship – Ryan Snow
Des Moines Yacht Club Darrel Miller Memorial Scholarship – Allison Wick